Tuesday 6 December 2011

Goodbye sink, hello hatch

The sink on Santeria was never really installed. Previous owners cut a hole in the port side navigation station area, laid the sink in place, but never ran connective pipe and a thru-hull. I figured that Santeria really didn`t need a sink and ripped it out on the last Tuesday night sail of 2011. Anyone need a sink....seriously anyone?

I wanted a hatchway so that I could store stuff in the area below, the now, navigation station. This area is an unused storage cavity and may prove useful in stowing items not-so-sensitive to moisture.

Made from pine outside, and marine 1/4" plywood inside (thanks to the guy at Peacocks who gave me 3  x 12 3/8 square pieces). To be installed in spring. I have two other pieces of marine plywood left over if anyone needs them.


Rear (inner) side, yes that`s my toe....



Front (outer) side



No comments:

Post a Comment