Thursday 22 March 2012

Electrical Part 4....Installation

Over the month of March, I completed the majority of the electrical install on Santeria.

I took a page out of PH Smith's book and used EMT tubing and waterproof electrical boxes to conduit the wiring around the boat.

With this in place, I was ready to run the wiring to support all electrical components on the boat. Using a fish-tape and yellow 77 made this a breeze.

I also re-routed the wind speed central control module into the area behind the electrical panels. Most of the electrical is finished, however I have a few more connections to make. Below you can see the electrical panels, as well as the roughed in wiring.


2 other additions were a USB and cigarette lighter for other electrical peripherals. Next question, does it all work. to be continued...Electrical Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment