Friday 1 March 2013

Android Wind app


This post is a continuation from an earlier post on an experiment to display my NMEA wind instrument data via Bluetooth.......

Update:

Spend the last few weeks developing a new Android app for my Tablet to show my wind instrument data over Bluetooth. Here is how my development works:

  • VB.Net program producing simulated NMEA sentences. This is sent out to one of my laptops COM ports using standard baud rate (4800 baud)
  • Installed a bluetooth dongle to my laptop to broadcast this simulated NMEA data.
  • Started the VB.Net program to send data over bluetooth
  • Paired my computers bluetooth with my Android bluetooth
  • Develop the Android app using Eclipse and Android plugin
  • Install the Android app (I called it WindTooth) on the tablet
  • Start the android app, pick the bluetooth device
  • the data feed from my laptop is displayed within the Android app
See below for 2 screen shots:

Next steps: Look into standalone bluetooth devices that accept serial data and broadcast as a standalone device (no laptop or PC needed)

Home Screen
Home Screen

Data Screen

No comments:

Post a Comment