Friday 7 October 2011

Summer 2011...Double handed improvements

One of my 2 year objectives is to start long distance racing, possibly single, but most likely double handed. On all points of sail, either single or double handed, its my thinking that having a better laid-out halyard and sheeting system for sheet and halyard adjustment from the cockpit is critical. I'm thinking that organizers and clutches running halyards back to the cockpit, accessible by all crew, would be advantageous in helping continually adjust the boat to a specific sea and wind conditions without going forward. A tiller pilot is also something I believe essential.

With help from Bartski, I came by a set of organizers and rope stoppers from another boat and would be useful. I also purchased 2 garhauer MS-6 mast plates, one port and starboard of the mast, to lead halyards, up-down hauls, and cunninghams outboard the the organizers, and aft to the rope stoppers. One step closer to an improved double handed system.

No comments:

Post a Comment